Saturday 1 March 2014

1st March St David's Day

Its been a beautiful day, and March has come in like a lamb...  There is a definite feel of Spring - and I have been down to the local market - where its quite busy with people milling about.  Well, Wales has St David as their patron, but here is Dorset we have St Wite (or St Candida as she is sometimes known).  Her shrine is in the Church at Whitchurch Canonicorum, about 5 miles from here.  Other than Westminster Abbey it is the only church which has its original medieval shrine and relics.  It is a place of pilgrimage. 
Spring, as mentioned, is now making a presence and suddenly the garden and hedgerows are becoming colourful.  I have been on a lovely walk with one of my guests.  We set off from here at New House Farm and we hiked out through the valley and over to the next parish.  I was on the look out for violets - but I think its a bit early, but there were plenty of primroses.

No comments:

Post a Comment